This is my favourite frittata recipe. What I love about frittata is that it is so versatile - breakfast, lunch dinner or snack, portable picnic, hot or cold - it always tastes great!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 300g each)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g spinach leaves, washed
- 200g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 8 large eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- (optional) 1 sprig of rosemary leaves removed from stalk
- Preheat the grill to the highest setting. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into evenly sized 1cm cubes. Heat a non-stick omelette or frying pan with the oil and toss in the potatoes (and rosemary). Season well with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 4- minutes over medium heat until the potatoes are just tender and lightly golden at the sides.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop the spinach leaves and cut the feta into small cubes.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Stir the spinach and feta into the pan until mixed with the sweet potatoes, then pour over the egg mixture to cover. Shake the pan gently to distribute the ingredients and leave to cook over low heat for a few minutes until the eggs are beginning to set at the bottom and sides.
- Place the pan under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes until the top of the frittata has almost completely set. Try not to overcook the eggs or they will turn rubbery. Let stand for a few minutes and then run a heatproof plastic spatula around the sides of the pan and invert the frittata onto a large plate. Cut into slices to serve.